Need your building's locks rekeyed? No problem! Need commercial-grade locks installed? Done! We can help with all of your door hardware and lock needs. Businesses choose Security Lock and Key for their commercial locksmithing needs because we are:
- Well-trained— Security Lock and Key's technicians have a combined 140+ year of locksmithing experience.
- An authorized Medeco security center— We're authorized to sell and install Medeco commercial-grade locks.
- Obsessed with quality work— We believe paying attention to the small details makes a big impact on the quality of our work and your security.
- People who stand by our products and services— You get a 30-day guarantee on the quality of our work plus the manufacturer's warranty, a service we rarely need to provide.
Medeco high-security locks we provide and install
Not everyone understands their commercial-grade lock options. So here's an overview.
There are lock types (what the locks are used for) and lock technologies applied to those lock types. Just like how there are different vehicle types (cars, trucks) and different vehicle fuel technologies (fossil fuel, hybrid, electric.)
The lock types we install include:
- Rim and mortise
- Knob and lever locks
The 2 technologies applied to these different high-security lock types are:
Mechanical— Comes in 3 quality levels:
- Medeco X4 (Good)— Most economical to retro install. Allows facility managers to tie everything together under one key for ease, convenience and efficiency. Not for doors that need to resist heavy physical attack.
- BiLevel (Better)— For areas that require protection against picking, bumping, drilling, prying, or other forms of attack. Keys to these locks cannot be duplicated without a certified Medeco dealer and proper authorization.
- Medeco³ (Best)— Provides the ultimate protection. Uses its triple locking technology and brass build to protect again picking, forcing, drilling, sawing, prying, pulling, and plug driving.
Electronic (eCylinder)— Digital computer technology adds these benefits and features to mechanical high-security locks:
- Quick electrical rekeying— Easily rekey all your locks without needing a locksmith, saving you money.
- Programmable keys— Deactivate a key if it's lost or stolen. Program keys to only be used at certain times or days. Perfect for those with contractors or temporary employees.
- Audit trails— Track which keys and locks are being used and when, so you'll never be out of the loop.
- Easy-to-install— No wiring is required; uses batteries that last for 2 years. This means the lock works even during a power outage.
We provide local locksmith services to Roanoke, Vinton, Salem and Roanoke Valley.